Running tests in a different environment

Hi,

We have a continuous integration server setup for our rails projects. I would like to set-up a different rails environment for running the tests on the build server so that I don't have to force all the developers to set-up their local databases to match the build box's connection information. However, when do something like:

rake RAILS_ENV=build test:units

It still tries to use the db connection information from the test environment. I think this must be hardcoded somewhere.

Is there a way to get the test tasks to run with a different rails environment?

It still tries to use the db connection information from the test environment. I think this must be hardcoded somewhere.

Take a peak at the first line of test_helper.rb :slight_smile:

Fred

It would be better to not share the database.yml at all. That way, you can define what the "test" environment means for the ci server independently of the developers.

I think it's better practice to not store the database.yml in source control anyway, since it has passwords that you may not want to store in source control.

Jeff

Take a peak at the first line of test_helper.rb :slight_smile:

I saw that, but it seems to not be the only place it is hardcoded since even with that line commented it tries to acees the test database.