RubyOnRails with MS SQL - Connectivity Error

Hi all... Please help me solve the issue. While trying to create a connection with MS SQL database in RubyOnRails, I'm getting a ‘Deprecated ..’ error. (I referenced a doc posted in net for the same.) System details: OS: Windows Xp Ruby version: 1.8.6                         Rails: 2.1.2                         Gems: 1.3.1                         RadRails: 0.7.2                         Ruby-dbi: 0.2.0 Also installed the ADO.rb file and placed in D:\Ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\DBD\ADO

PFB the details of the error. Please put some light on this. ** Invoke db:create (first_time) ** Invoke environment (first_time) ** Execute environment ** Execute db:create rake aborted! no such file to load -- deprecated D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:510:in `require' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:355:in `new_constants_in' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:510:in `require' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/dbi.rb:48 D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:510:in `require' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:355:in `new_constants_in' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:510:in `require' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:7:in `require_library_or_gem' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/reporting.rb:11:in `silence_warnings' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.1.2/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:5:in `require_library_or_gem' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/sqlserver_adapter.rb:28:in `sqlserver_connection' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:292:in `send' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:292:in `connection=' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:260:in `retrieve_connection' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.1.2/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:78:in `connection' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.2/lib/tasks/databases.rake:32:in `create_database' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.1.2/lib/tasks/databases.rake:26 D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:621:in `call' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:621:in `execute' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:616:in `each' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:616:in `execute' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:582:in `invoke_with_call_chain' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:242:in `synchronize' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:575:in `invoke_with_call_chain' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:568:in `invoke' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:2031:in `invoke_task' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:2009:in `top_level' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:2009:in `each' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:2009:in `top_level' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:2048:in `standard_exception_handling' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:2003:in `top_level' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:1982:in `run' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:2048:in `standard_exception_handling' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/lib/rake.rb:1979:in `run' D:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.2/bin/rake:31 D:\Ruby\bin\rake:19:in `load' D:\Ruby\bin\rake:19 -e:3:in `load' -e:3

A prompt reply would be appreciated.

I had a similiar issue but I am developing on Mac OSX, Rails 2.1.2, ruby-dbi 0.40, and a self fork version of sqlserver adapter. I know ruby-dbi 0.40 requires the gem deprecated >= 2.0. Maybe that's what you are missing too.

Weird;

Whats in your database.yml?

I take it you've installed the sqlserver-adapter?

From a command prompt if you run ruby script\server does it die immediately or is it only when you try to find on a model?

Cheers Luke

Hi Luke,

PFB the details in database.yml

development:   adapter: sqlserver   database: Test123   username: sa   password: test@123   host: kec4121228d

Yes, I have downloaded the sql_adapter and placed it in <ruby_home>\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\activerecord-2.1.2\lib\active_record\connection_adapters

PFA the sqlserver-adapter. Please verify and let me know if I have installed the correct one. All I did was placed the adapter in this location and tried to re-connect to the remote SQL server from RadRails.

Awaiting your response to proceed further.

Regards, Tony

Luke Pearce wrote:

Weird;

Whats in your database.yml?

I take it you've installed the sqlserver-adapter?

From a command prompt if you run ruby script\server does it die immediately or is it only when you try to find on a model?

Cheers Luke

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3208/sqlserver_adapter.rb

Luke Pearce wrote:

iawgens had the answer - you need to install the deprecated gem

From a command prompt: gem install deprecated

See here another person with the same issue sql server - Setting up Rails to work with sqlserver - Stack Overflow

Thanks a lot Luke... Let me try the same