rails connection sqlserver 2005 there some wrong!!

hi erevy one i use ruby 1.8.7 ,rails is 2.2.2

fisrt get the latest source distribution of Ruby-DBI from: http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-dbi/ and copy the file: rub-DBI is 0.2.2

lib/dbd/ADO.rb

to:

X:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/DBD/ADO/ADO.rb

then i install gem install activerecord-sqlserver-adapter -v=2.2.8

i run the server

error is establish_connection please install the sqlserver adapter gem install activerecord-sqlserver-adapter no such file to load active_record/connection_adapters/sqlserver_adapter

then i copy sqlserver_adapter from ctiverecord-sqlserver-adapter-3.0.0 to that palce

but that another error

active_support/dependencies.rb:442 in 'load_missing_constant' uninitialized constant activedrecord::wrappenddatabaseException <name

Anyone hit this ?

Regards, /deng

try using bundler to install the gem , it will try to find all the dependencies.

http://railscasts.com/episodes/201-bundler

Here is a series of steps that I had to go through in order to get SQLServer 2005 working for my needs. You might need to skip/replace some steps. I hope this helps you.

1. Install Ruby (1.8.6): Download Ruby 2. Install rubygems:    a. Download RubyGems | RubyGems.org | your community gem host (zip version)    b. Unpack to a directory and cd there    c. ruby setup.rb 3. Install rails: gem install rails –v=2.3.5 4. Install mongrel: gem install mongrel 5. Install mongrel service: gem install mongrel_service 6. Install SQL Server adapter: gem install activerecord-sqlserver- adapter 7. Install ODBC gem: gem install odbc-rails 8. Install SQL Server Management utility (from Microsoft) 9. Create SQL Server DB 10. Create login in SQL Server 11. Create DB user 12. Create DSN in Windows:    a. Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tasks -> Data Sources (ODBC)    b. Click on System DSN -> Add    c. Select type SQL Server       i. Name: Whichever name you want to give it here.       ii. Description: Your description here       iii. Server: Server name (whichever is the server name you see in SQL Server Management utility)       iv. Use SQL Authentication