Ruby on Rails Updates

Hello everyone,

Ruby on Rails updates often confusing me, personally. (I hope I am not the only one). So what I am saying is "Is there a web site or a reference indicating what is in the new updates?"

The commands have changed a time or two on me and sometimes it gets confusing.

Thank you,

api.rubyonrails.org will show the latest documentation and the syntax. rubyonrails.org will have the release notes and change log for the current version.

api.rubyonrails.org will show the latest documentation and the syntax. rubyonrails.org will have the release notes and change log for the current version.

chu yeow's excellent 'living on the edge of rails' is now on the rails
weblog and is great for keeping tabs on what's going on in edge.

Fred

If you're running into the problem that the docs aren't for the same version that you're using, you can run:    rake doc:rails to get your own rdocs for exactly the version of rails that you are running (you have to freeze rails into vendor/ for this to work).

For a while I was doing active development projects build on Rails 1.2.2 and 1.1.6 and there were several times that I was burned by trying to do something the 1.2 way on the 1.1.6 project before I started keeping project-based, version-specific rdocs around.

-Rob

Rob Biedenharn http://agileconsultingllc.com Rob@AgileConsultingLLC.com