Ruby on Rails - Back End Developer
This is a key development role at Mixbook, a profitable, rapidly-
growing startup that is changing the game in the personalized photo
books / photo products market. In the past, the standard applications
for creating photo book products limited users to strict templates and
few options. Mixbook has created a powerful and intuitive Flex
application that allows users to fully express their creativity with
stickers and backgrounds, fully-editable layouts and photo editing
features. Despite the breakthroughs that Mixbook has made, the team
that works on it is still small, and you will have a huge impact on
We are hiring a Ruby on Rails developer to improve the entire back end
for Mixbook.com. This position will be tough, yet extremely
rewarding. You will sculpt the entire back-end development of a
platform used by millions of people.
• Work directly with the co-author of RubyAMF on Mixbook’s services
• Design and implement Mixbook’s core feature set through full product
• Make mission critical architecture decisions.
• Own Mixbook Product Architecture from front to back.
• Work with Co-Founders to brainstorm, design and develop customer
• Passion for building a great consumer product that everyone will
love and use.
• Strong experience with Ruby on Rails, Apache, and MySQL.
• Extremely strong object-oriented development skills.
• Knowledge of EC2, S3, and new server technologies.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent required, Masters degree
is a plus.
• 2 - 20 years of experience. Hardcore Coders of any experience level
• Extremely hard working. You should be ready to make Mixbook a
priority in your life.
• Thrive on working with A-players. You’re too good to spend long
hours with B-players.
• Easy to get along with - people like you and like working with you.
And they’ll tell us that!
Mixbook is a profitable, rapidly growing startup that offers the most
customizable way to create photo books and cards on the web. Users
can share their creations online for free or purchase professional-
quality photo books and cards to share in person. Over 2 million
people have created over 5 million photo books on Mixbook’s platform.
We’re looking for talented and passionate people who take pride in
giving customers a phenomenal and enriching online experience.