Sr. Ruby on Rails Engineer
Do you have what it takes to spearhead new product initiatives and
uphold Mixbook's virtues of writing the most beautiful, modular,
concise RoR code possible? RoR is the glue that holds together the
entire user experience, from intial signup through creation and
• Work directly with the CTO, a 4-year RoR veteran himself (and co-
Author of RubyAMF) to develop elegant solutions to tough programming
• Design and implement Mixbook’s core feature set through full product
• Make mission critical architecture decisions.
• Own Mixbook product architecture from front to back.
• Work with the CTO and CEO to brainstorm, design and develop customer
• Passion for building a great consumer product that everyone will
love and use.
• Strong experience with Ruby on Rails.
• Extremely strong object-oriented development skills.
• Obsessively strives to create the most modular, concise, and
maintainable code possible - beautiful code to you doesn't mean pretty
• Knowledge or interest in EC2, S3, and new server technologies.
• Extremely hard working. You should be ready to make Mixbook a
priority in your life.
• Thrive on working with A-players. You'd rather get fragged by a n00b
than work with B-players.
• Easy to get along with - people like you and like working with you.
And they’ll tell us that!
• 2 - 20 years of programming experience. Hardcore Coders of any
experience level should apply.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or any difficult
technical major required.
Mixbook is a profitable, venture-backed startup founded by a team of
Berkeley engineers to improve the way people share, preserve, and
print their photos through the internet. Currently, Mixbook’s platform
gives users the most powerful and intuitive way to create custom photo
books, cards and calendars, and people love us - see http://tinyurl.com/23gpgmj.
Backed by the same guys who funded other hot startups such as Pandora
and Zynga, our revenues have grown by over 700% per year over the past
2 years, making us one of the fastest-growing companies in the Silicon
Valley. We have millions of happy users, but only a handful of
engineers, and we’re looking for more Chuck-Norris-joke-worthy
developers to work with and build cool consumer facing applications.