Ruby installation error

Hi, I am a newbie to Ruby and I have been installing ruby 1.9.2 following this link. http://toranbillups.com/blog/archive/2010/09/01/How-to-install-Rails-3.0-and-Ruby-1.9.2-on-Ubuntu I am stuck at 'rvm install ruby-1.9.2'

I get this error: error: Error running 'make ', please check /home/coder/.rvm/log/ ruby-1.9.2-p0/make*.log error: There has been an error while running make. Aborting the installation.

I can send the make.log if needed. Please respond.

Thanks, Kamal

Just post the last bit in the log that (presumably) shows the error. In case it says there is something missing then it is probably something required that has not been installed. On ubuntu I run this to get everything I seem to need: sudo apt-get install build-essential bison openssl libreadline6 libreadline6-dev curl git-core zlib1g zlib1g-dev libssl-dev libyaml-dev libsqlite3-0 libsqlite3-dev sqlite3 libxml2-dev autoconf # extras for mysql gem build if using mysql sudo apt-get install libmysql-ruby libmysqlclient-dev # for nokogiri if needed sudo apt-get install libxslt-dev libxml2-dev

Colin

Kamal, this might be helpful:   $ rvm get head   $ rvm remove 1.9.2   $ rvm reload $ rvm pkg install readline   $ rvm install 1.9.2

As long as you're new to Rails, and have no attachment to 1.9.2, I'd recommend using 3.1, and a great book for help is 'Agile Web Development with Rails'.

Good Luck

Bob