ROR and UML

hello, I work on a project called: experimentation platform of an online social network. This project is a layer under the Diaspora social network written in Ruby On Rails follows the MVC architecture. for my internship report, I am obliged to do UML diagram. what i can not do is the class diagram, I do not know what I shall present: controllers or models?! if the controllers, I would have no relations between classes, and if the models, I would have no method. If I link to each model's cotrolleur and I made ​​the relationship between the models, the controllers that I created whould have no model associated with them so it will not be presented in the diagram. how can i do please. Thank you

In UML we have a controllers and models. At class diagram the associations are based at models and in the box should have the methods and variables.

What UML diiagram you’ll do?

Sorry any english’s error. I don’t know write very well

UML modelling the controllers in a Rails app is completely useless, so go for your models.

im using to do class diagram, i what i know in every class, we have variables and methods. if i use just models, some are empty (without methode) and there’s many controller without a model. then we can find a controller using many model.

hello,

I work on a project called: experimentation platform of an online

social network. This project is a layer under the Diaspora social

network written in Ruby On Rails follows the MVC architecture.

for my internship report, I am obliged to do UML diagram.

what i can not do is the class diagram, I do not know what I shall

present: controllers or models?!

if the controllers, I would have no relations between classes, and if

the models, I would have no method. If I link to each model’s

cotrolleur and I made the relationship between the models, the

controllers that I created whould have no model associated with them

so it will not be presented in the diagram.

how can i do please.

Thank you

Adel, you should be able to use class diagrams for all your models. Then

you could model you controller using interaction diagrams (i.e. the flow through

your system). However, it may be easier to start with use-case diagrams to document

the controllers and pick a subset of the controllers to construct sequence diagrams. I

like use-case diagrams here because it maps well to the services that a controller

provides. Next, if this is a modular application that tends to use a service

oriented architecture (SOA) style, then I would recommend starting with the package

diagram and drill down from there. In summary, you’ll do the following:

1. service oriented architecture (SOA)

package diagram

1. models

class diagrams

1. controllers

use-case diagrams

sequence diagrams

I have indented the above so that you know what child diagrams exist within the parent diagram. For example, within a package, I can have class diagram(s). Well, I wish that this information can help you to get started and your tool should be able to nest diagrams and generate system architecture documentation. Furthermore, there are other diagrams for documenting concurrency and you should be able to google for that information.

Good luck,

-Conrad