redirect does not show error_messages

Hi     In the view I have <%= error_messages_for :problem%>   In the model I have validations. and in controller inside transaction I have

@problem.save! So suppose an error happens I have redirected to the same view which contains error_messages ..But my problem is I dont ge the error messages when redirect but get it when render the same

redirect_to :action => 'create_ui' #This dies not give error messages for problem render :action => 'create_ui' #This gives error messages for problem Why this happens ?Please help

Sijo

@problem.save! So suppose an error happens I have redirected to the same view which contains error_messages ..But my problem is I dont ge the error messages when redirect but get it when render the same

redirect_to :action => 'create_ui' #This dies not give error messages

Because the state of the invalid object is lost when you do a redirect (which is why people typically don't do a redirect)

Fred

Hi

Thanks for the reply.Why I used the redirect because I first used render But In the view I have some check boxes One of them like <%= select( "problem", "problem_urgency_id", ProblemUrgency.find(:all).collect {|p| [ p.name, p.id ] },options ={:prompt => "<< Select any >>"}) %>

So in the above if I use render(if error happens) what happens is that << Select any >> is not shown and only the values from the problem_urgencies table are shown That is why I used the redirect_to But it has this problem(Not problem actually)..Could you please suggest how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance Sijo