RedCloth

RedCloth (4.2.6) was installed via: sudo gem install RedCloth ruby 1.9.2p0 (2010-08-18 revision 29036) [x86_64-linux] running Ubuntu 10.10

No errors during the install

any ideas??

irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems' => true irb(main):002:0> require 'redcloth' LoadError: no such file to load -- redcloth         from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:33:in `require'         from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:33:in `rescue in require'         from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require'         from (irb):2         from /usr/local/bin/irb:12:in `<main>'

include it in gem file,then bundle install

Quoting rails.impaired <resident.moron@gmail.com>:

RedCloth (4.2.6) was installed via: sudo gem install RedCloth ruby 1.9.2p0 (2010-08-18 revision 29036) [x86_64-linux] running Ubuntu 10.10

No errors during the install

any ideas??

irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems' => true irb(main):002:0> require 'redcloth' LoadError: no such file to load -- redcloth         from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:33:in `require'         from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:33:in `rescue in require'         from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require'         from (irb):2         from /usr/local/bin/irb:12:in `<main>'

irb does not has the same loadpath as Rails. Try the Rails console instead.

HTH,   Jeffrey

I had already tried it within the Rails console as well. For some reason, it cannot find "redcloth". The gem is definitely installed and I can see redcloth.rb in the lib directory of the installed gem. This one is really beyond me. It should just work.

suggestions??

Same problem here. I installed 4.2.5 and it works fine.

That did the trick!! Thanks

4.2.6 was released less than 24 hours ago, and I believe it simply has a typo in the gemspec:

https://github.com/jgarber/redcloth/pull/5