Rails Web Site - Documentation page and Rails 2 Documentation

I went to www.rubyonrails.org to see what documentation is around for rails 2. (I want to find out more about the main improvements.) I see the front page has been updated to reflect rails 2, but the documentation page is somewhat lacking. In particular, there is a link to the 'Upgrading to Rails 1' manual. I would have thought that this was pretty much redundant now, and more importantly, it would be really helpful to have an 'upgrading to Rails 2' manual that picked up the major changes.

I know documentation is hard work, and takes valuable time, but unless I have missed it, there seems to be a lack of information around (apart from the weblog) to help upgrade and particularly to get the best out of the improved features.

Any chance of something being made available - or alternatively how about a page of links to useful resources.

Thanks Tonypm

I went to www.rubyonrails.org to see what documentation is around for rails 2. (I want to find out more about the main improvements.) I see the front page has been updated to reflect rails 2, but the documentation page is somewhat lacking. In particular, there is a link to the 'Upgrading to Rails 1' manual. I would have thought that this was pretty much redundant now, and more importantly, it would be really helpful to have an 'upgrading to Rails 2' manual that picked up the major changes.

I know documentation is hard work, and takes valuable time, but unless I have missed it, there seems to be a lack of information around (apart from the weblog) to help upgrade and particularly to get the best out of the improved features.

Any chance of something being made available - or alternatively how about a page of links to useful resources.

http://blog.codefront.net/

useful resources and quick response. Many thanks I've ordered the peepcode book, just waiting for the download!

I was trying to find some information on the the improvements to css. I recall reading that it is possible to split these into smaller files and have them combined automatically. But I cant recall the detail.

I am also planning to use SASS (i have tried it and i am taken by it). Just wondering what the implications are for SASS and rails 2.

Thanks Tony

useful resources and quick response. Many thanks I've ordered the peepcode book, just waiting for the download!

I was trying to find some information on the the improvements to css. I recall reading that it is possible to split these into smaller files and have them combined automatically. But I cant recall the detail.

http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/bundled_css_and_javascript_assets

among others...