Rails tutorial

Hi,

I’m following the https://www.railstutorial.org

I’m now at chapter 10. Since yesterday all my 42 tests are RED and reports the same error :

ERROR[“test_should_get_new”, UsersControllerTest, 0.274138782]

test_should_get_new#UsersControllerTest (0.27s)

SyntaxError: SyntaxError: (erb):36: syntax error, unexpected tLABEL

activated: true

^

(erb):37: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’, expecting ‘)’

activated_at: <%= Time.zone.now ).to_s); _erbout.concat “\n”

^

(erb):37: unterminated string meets end of file

The app is working great.

I’m on cloud9.

I have restarted the server etc… same errors. Everything was working great since yesterday.

Thx

Hi,

I'm following the https://www.railstutorial.org

I'm now at chapter 10. Since yesterday all my 42 tests are RED and reports the same error :

ERROR["test_should_get_new", UsersControllerTest, 0.274138782] test_should_get_new#UsersControllerTest (0.27s) SyntaxError: SyntaxError: (erb):36: syntax error, unexpected tLABEL           activated: true

The error says that you have got a syntax on line 36, but you have not shown us the code which has the error. Show us that line (from whichever file it says has the error) along with a few lines before it as sometimes the error is actually on a preceding line, but it is not obvious to Ruby that there is an error until it reads the next line(s).

Which version of ruby are you using (ruby -v, run from the root folder of the application). I assume you are running the test from that folder.

^         (erb):37: syntax error, unexpected ':', expecting ')'           activated_at: <%= Time.zone.now ).to_s); _erbout.concat "\n"                        ^         (erb):37: unterminated string meets end of file

The app is working great.

I'm on cloud9.

I have restarted the server etc... same errors. Everything was working great since yesterday.

When running tests it is not necessary to have the server running.

Colin

Ok thank you. I found the error, It is weird because all test where failing for 1 syntaxt error…

Ok thank you. I found the error, It is weird because all test where failing for 1 syntaxt error...

A syntax error is detected when the code is loaded and the whole app is loaded for any test.

Colin