Rails big pain - uploads and plugin versioning

First of all, congratulations, for rails 2.0 !. I just want to ask two short questions:

1. Any plans to improve file uploads ? (now single upload block my entire mongrel process) Or any alternatives ? 2. What about plugin versioning ? Now we have rails 2.0, it would be reasonable to do plugin versioning like i.e. does for its extensions so every plugin applies only to a specific version(s) of application.

First of all, congratulations, for rails 2.0 !. I just want to ask two short questions:

1. Any plans to improve file uploads ? (now single upload block my entire mongrel process) Or any alternatives ?

not something I've ever used

2. What about plugin versioning ? Now we have rails 2.0, it would be reasonable to do plugin versioning like i.e. does for its extensions so every plugin applies only to a specific version(s) of application.

I believe the long term future here lies in gems (ie plugins that are gems). gems already have versions, locking to specific versions/ranges etc... so it makes sense to leverage this rather than rewrite it.

Fred

> 2. What about plugin versioning ? Now we have rails 2.0, it would be > reasonable to do plugin versioning like i.e. does for its extensions > so every plugin applies only to a specific version(s) of application.

I believe the long term future here lies in gems (ie plugins that are
gems). gems already have versions, locking to specific versions/ranges
etc... so it makes sense to leverage this rather than rewrite it.

Also note that all plugins coming off SVN repositories implicitly has version numbers. And if you're using something like Piston to manage your SVN externals, it's really easy to tie yourself to a given SVN version.

That being said, I'm not necessarily against a more formal scheme. I just haven't felt much, if any, pain from the current setup.