Rails 2 without a database?

I've written a RESTful web service using Rails 1.2 and now I'm trying to upgrade to Rails 2.0, but it seems to insist that I have a database configured. Previously I had the following code in config/environment.rb and that seemed to be sufficient:

def config.database_configuration     class << ActiveRecord::Base       def establish_connection(spec = nil)         nil       end     end     nil   end

After the upgrade, running rake test:units results in a ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished because the abstract connection adapter in AR was trying to retrieve the current database connection. So overriding establish_connection no longer appears to work in Rails 2.

Then I saw that adding this to environment.rb would apparently do the trick:

config.frameworks -= [ :active_record ]

But alas, doing that causes missing dependencies for active_support and other plugins, so that won't work either.

Aside from biting the bullet and using sqlite, is there a way to configure Rails 2 so that it will not use a database?

Thanks

n

Then I saw that adding this to environment.rb would apparently do
the trick:

config.frameworks -= [ :active_record ]

But alas, doing that causes missing dependencies for active_support and other plugins, so that won't work either.

That works fine for me - i've got two databaseless applications.
Presumable you don't need any plugins which require AR so you could
just remove them ?

Fred