How to start rails without database?

I am new to ruby & rails and I followed a tutorial to create a simple rails project. but I got this error: This error occurred while loading the following files:    sqlite3

I searched that rails require sqlite3 database. I just want a simple project. How can I disable the database in rails?

thanks.

Zhao Yi wrote:

I am new to ruby & rails and I followed a tutorial to create a simple rails project. but I got this error: This error occurred while loading the following files:    sqlite3

I searched that rails require sqlite3 database. I just want a simple project. How can I disable the database in rails?

thanks.

I solved this issue. Please ignore this post. Just want to share this experience with you, please take a look at the following setting:

Rails 2.1

In addition to the steps listed below for Rails 1.0, you must also edit config/initializers/new_rails_defaults.rb and comment out the lines that start with ActiveRecord::Base Rails 1.0

In config/environment.rb, inside the Rails::Initializer block, add this line:

config.frameworks -= [ :active_record ]

To keep Test::Unit from giving you fixture related errors update test/test_helper.rb like so:

class Test::Unit::TestCase   self.use_transactional_fixtures = false   self.use_instantiated_fixtures = false   def load_fixtures   end end