Rails 2.3.0 - ActionController::AbstractRequest not being loaded

Hi,

I got a plugin that extends ActionController::AbstractRequest. After updating Rails from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0 I'm getting the following error:

'load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)

I've already seen people having similar problems with i.e. TMail and Sweeper. I guess that some kind of lazy loading mechanism has been introduced, but how to fix this problem?

Cheers, Szymek

Hi,

I got a plugin that extends ActionController::AbstractRequest. After updating Rails from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0 I'm getting the following error:

'load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)

There's also the fact that ActionController::AbstractRequest no
longer exists.

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Frederick Cheung wrote:

>> Hi,

>> I got a plugin that extends ActionController::AbstractRequest. After >> updating Rails from 2.2.2 to 2.3.0 I'm getting the following error:

>> 'load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant >> ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)

> There's also the fact that ActionController::AbstractRequest no > longer exists.

I'm also having the same issue.

What are the options for refactoring existing code? What has replaced AbstractRequest? or is it now a Gem?

I seem to recall it's just ActionController::Request now (which inherits from Rack::Request). Exactly what you need to change probably depends on what you were doing.

Fred

I am also having issues with this in trying to use webrat, is there a way of aliasing the old name or something like that to have backwards compatibility ?

Thanks, Cezar