uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError) with rails 2.3

Hi guys,

I've just installed Rails 2.3 and I am using the clearance plugin with cucumber features. When I run rake features I get this "uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)" error from webrat trying to call AbstractRequest which now is called Request (I think). My question is : Is there any way to alias the old name to have backwards compatibility with plugins using it ?

Thanks, Cezar

Hi guys,

I've just installed Rails 2.3 and I am using the clearance plugin with cucumber features. When I run rake features I get this "uninitialized constant ActionController::AbstractRequest (NameError)" error from webrat trying to call AbstractRequest which now is called Request (I think). My question is : Is there any way to alias the old name to have backwards compatibility with plugins using it ?

Well you can certain set ActionController::AbstractRequest to be whatever you want. There is no guarantee this will help you though, as this part of rails has undergone substantial changes in Rails 2.3 - if the plugin is trying to override some methods for example those methods may no longer exist at all.

Fred