Query

Hello everyone,

I'm learning RoR by creating a small web app that I use for work. I have the main model with which is Project(s) which has many Task(s) (of course belongs to Project) then a few other controller/models below that. When I list the tasks, I expect the Project id

def list   @project = Project.find(params[:id]) end

in my list.rhtml I currently just show every task with an each.do

<%= @project.task.each do |t| %> and then the code to display all my fields and records.

So, to make a long story short, I have a field called "Status" which has a few options, (New, In-Process, On-Hold, Completed). and what I want to be able to do is just show non completed tasks ie: != Completed) Then do some more html stuff and have a seperate section later to show the completed tasks. All with in the list.rhtml

I've tried a few different things I've found around the web, but nothing seems to work.

Cheers

BTW I am using V2.0.2 of everything

Kevin,

just do the if conditions inside the do loop

like <%= @project.task.each do |t| %> <% if t.status != “Completed” %> <%=t.XXX%> <% end %>

<% end %>

or you can try like this too inside loop

by

<%= @project.task.each do |t| %> <%=t.XXX if t.status != “Completed”%> <% end %>

Bala wrote:

or you can try like this too inside loop

by

<%= @project.task.each do |t| %>     <%=t.XXX if t.status != "Completed"%> <% end %>

Thanks guys I tried that once, but I forgot the ""quotes around the Completed. I guess I should go get my eyes checked

Or!

<% for task in @project.tasks.select { |t| t.status != “Completed” } %> #task stuff <% end %>