Prag Progs: "Developing Facebook Platform Applications with Rails" - any good?

Hi there,

I found the first Pragmatic Programmer's book from all those years ago very readable. But I don't wish to blow a load of money on a bad book having made the presumption that the author of this book is as good as the original authors.

Anyone read it? I would be particularly interested in constructive criticism: I've always found negative comments to be more helpful and accurate than positives.

thanks for any help.

Hi, I would recommend going to your local bookstore and giving it a quick scan

to see what you think. BTW, I took a quick look at the book last weekend and

I thought it was well written.

Good luck,

-Conrad

I found the first Pragmatic Programmer's book from all those years ago very readable. But I don't wish to blow a load of money on a bad book having made the presumption that the author of this book is as good as the original authors.

Not a single book from pragprog I have read (around 10) disappointed me. They were all well written. I didn't read that book though.

Conrad, I am asking on a discussion forum, there is no need to presume I don;t know of other methods to get information. Thankyou for trying but I specifically asked for people's opinions, not advice.

that's good to know.

Conrad, I am asking on a discussion forum, there is no need to presume

I don;t know of other methods to get information. Thankyou for trying

but I specifically asked for people’s opinions, not advice.

I was trying to help you along the process of obtaining information on this. Also, I

didn’t not assume anything on your part. During my quick scan, I felt that the book

was well written and it covered facebook API through the use of a very interesting

ongoing project. Next, a book that one may like may not fit with you because people

simply have different mind sets and/or skill level. Thus, I take all book review comments

with a grain-of-salt because ultimately it will need to be sufficient for me. You can try

posting your question to the book’s discussion group that can be located here if you have

not already done so:

http://forums.pragprog.com/forums/59

Good luck,

-Conrad