Posts not showing up in group

Dear moderator,

I have made two posts in the past few days to the "Ruby on Rails: Talk" and they have not shown up yet. I contacted Google Support. They told me that my messages might have been flagged as spam and therefore have to be manually aproved by you. I find it hard to believe that my messages were flagged as spam. But I see no other possibility than to ask you since Google Support is of no help.

Thanks for your time.

Per Velschow

Hmm.. it would seem there is a problem using Google's "Start a new topic" interface to post. Anyone else having trouble with that?

Yes, I am. I believe others are as well.

Surprised that Google isn't even aware of the problem!

S. Robert James wrote:

Yes, I am. I believe others are as well.

Surprised that Google isn't even aware of the problem!

I have had same problem (assuming this msg goes thru)

yeah. its a google groups problem. i have several groups where i cant only post new topics with sending a mail to the group. replying on existing topics works without problems.

at least at one group i know that my message was stuck in the "wait for approval" queue. i think its the same problem here and an overall GG problem.

but there's no statement or update from google. looks like google isnt interested anymore in groups.

would be great if our group owner or admin could take a look at the approval queue. i bet there are a lot of messages. :slight_smile:

dweinand wrote:

yeah. its a google groups problem.

but there's no statement or update from google. looks like google isnt interested anymore in groups.

on the heels of them losing a lot of gmail - it's the problem with proprietary software, users are kept in the dark.

Maybe a good old piper mail list would be better.

hmmm. i like the google way. and i dont like traditoinal mailing lists. the best way would be that google is making GG better. :slight_smile:

dweinand wrote:

hmmm. i like the google way. and i dont like traditoinal mailing lists. the best way would be that google is making GG better. :slight_smile:

Sure, but just want to be able to post questions and interact regardless of system. I was able to post on another GG list so not sure what is wrong on this one. I've tried a couple of times now.

yes, i have this problem at least with two groups. at one group the mod tweaked some setting. from this point i was able to start new topics.

i think the messages are stuck in the approval queue or the spam filter. looks like a GG bug with some accounts.