Postfix/Postmap catch-all for local testing?

Hello all!

So this isn't exactly a Ruby on Rails issue, but it fits so well into the RoR typical development cycle that I thought I'd post it here anyway.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to configure postfix on a Mac so that emails sent using the local SMTP service will _all_ be intercepted and dropped into a local mailbox on the mac.

I found this blog post: Traumwind - fully local testing of email sending web apps (on Mac OS X) which has helped actionmailer testing ENORMOUSLY.

The problem is that what I really want to do is configure a virtual alias that looks something like:

*@* username

So that any email to any address that hits the local postfix process would be delivered to my local user account, which I can then pick up locally for testing.

But I don't know how to do this and can't seem to find any documentation on how one might attempt this. I know that one would _never_ do this on a live server, but I'm only wanting to do this on my Mac laptop so I can test RoR apps with existing user data and not worry about it.

Thoughts? Anyone?

-Danimal

P.S. In the meantime, I have a development-environment-only hack to change email addresses so that instead of "someone@somewhere.com" they end up as "someone@mybox.localhost" and then I set the postmap mapping to be: @mybox.localhost username which works fine... except for needing the email conversion hack. *sigh*