action mailer on my local computer

hi guys i am newbie in ror. i wanna test my simple ror application on windows xp. i use Webrick as my web server. i don't know how to configure my action mailer for sending email to another addresses?

config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = {   :address => 'localhost',   :port => 25,   :domain => ' ',   :user_name => '',   :password => '',   :authentication => :plain }

i don't know which parameter must be set and what's the values, by the way i don't know how to test received mail.

i was asp.net developer and iis handled all the stuff for me.

firelinemx wrote:

hi guys i am newbie in ror. i wanna test my simple ror application on windows xp. i use Webrick as my web server. i don't know how to configure my action mailer for sending email to another addresses?

config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp config.action_mailer.smtp_settings = {   :address => 'localhost',   :port => 25,   :domain => ' ',   :user_name => '',   :password => '',   :authentication => :plain }

i don't know which parameter must be set and what's the values, by the way i don't know how to test received mail.

i was asp.net developer and iis handled all the stuff for me.

Do you have an SMTP server running on your windows machine, or any machine on the network?

Stephan