Pluralize Bug?

Hi Clare,

If you are doing this so that you can search for both pluralized and non-pluralized versions of a term then you'd be better off using Ferret's StemFilter. Otherwise, I'll leave the answer to this up to the rails people.

Cheers, Dave

Why not set your query to return results on the singular OR the plural form? Also you can add new inflection rules in the environment.rb file. Don't forget to restart the server if you make edits to that file.

Hi Brian,

That's what using the StemFilter in Ferret will do. Plus it will search for other forms of the word. For example, "burn" will also match "burns", "burned" and "burning".

Cheers, Dave

glass is considered uncountable unless you mean eye glasses or drinking glasses

you don’t need to uncomment the rest because they are already loaded by default. they are there as examples.

StemFilter may be overkill unless Clare wants to search for all forms of a word.

Robert Head <rails-mailing-list@...> writes:

Clare wrote: > inflect.plural /^(ox)$/i, '\1en' > inflect.singular /^(ox)en/i, '\1' >

I don't recommend these. You'll get box / boxen, which is mildly amusing to dorks like us, but probably not what you intended.

Well, it would if there wasn't a ^ at the start of that regular expression. In any case you don't get a choice because it's one of the default rules which is already loaded, as mentioned above