I must be lying down in the dirt then. My recent project has broken
some really new ground for me:
1. ActionMailer emails with multiple formats AND multiple attachments
2. ActionMailer global layouts with over-ride for Plain emails
3. Delivering iCalendar files for events, including as attachments to
4. Customizing ar_mailer and Spawn to provide a table-queued, auto-
flush email delivery that doesn't "block" the Rails app
5. Time zone inclusion and integration with iCalendar
6. Ajax-y attachments ala Basecamp (been meaning to figure out how to
do that for a LONG time)
7. Local mail testing on OSX via postfix overrides and a local pop
8. PDF auto-generation via HTMLDOC hooks and template renders
9. Beast hack to provide custom forum capabilities, including 3-tier
10. Got my git+cap+mod_rails all working swimmingly now, even though
it's just me on this project.
And that's just off the top of my head. It's been quite a project. And
I just passed it off for final client approval today.
So, whew! Time for a breather! (and to start looking for the next one)
Oh, and you didn't offend at all, Bill. For two reasons: (1) I'm thick-
skinned (except when ignored completely), and (2) you responded TWICE!
That puts you on the short list of good guys (IMNSHO).