pagination

Pagination

I am using an old tutorial which is tripping me right up as I have the latest version of rails installed. I'm persisting as I think I'm learning a little bit more about how RoR works. However after installing the scaffolding plug-in to fix an earlier problem I now have a problem with the pagination. I have followed this workaround:

and attempted to place require will_paginate in the environment.rb location, but I find that I cannot then rub the Webrick server. I get the following error.

home/brett/RoR/Apps/OpenBenefit/depot/config/environment.rb:42: undefined local variable or method `will_paginate' for main:Object (NameError)

How can I fix this, Am I doing something stupid?

B

Pagination

I am using an old tutorial which is tripping me right up as I have the latest version of rails installed. I'm persisting as I think I'm learning a little bit more about how RoR works. However after installing the scaffolding plug-in to fix an earlier problem I now have a problem with the pagination. I have followed this workaround:

Gotchas When Upgrading to Rails 2.1

and attempted to place require will_paginate in the environment.rb location, but I find that I cannot then rub the Webrick server. I get the following error.

home/brett/RoR/Apps/OpenBenefit/depot/config/environment.rb:42: undefined local variable or method `will_paginate' for main:Object (NameError)

How can I fix this, Am I doing something stupid?

you're missing some quote marks around will_paginate. More up to date advice would be to use the config.gem stuff to load will_paginate

Fred