undefined method `paginate'

How come I get this error? I have the same setup on my local dev machine as the server where I get the error, using the will_paginate gem and require in env.

The server uses the same version 2.2.2. And the same rails version and everything.

post the message error please, for analyse.

case the problem is to require your gem will_paginate, do you need require this will_paginate in the archive enviroment.rb,

ex: require ‘will_paginate’

Att.

Paulo Silva

How is your server configured? Mongrel, passenger? Have you vendored your gems?

Cheers, Nicholas

BTW, if your gem is just plain will_paginate, it is VERY old. Unless I'm mistaken, development has moved to GitHub, and the preferred gem is now mislav-will_paginate.

--Matt Jones

Matt Jones wrote:

BTW, if your gem is just plain will_paginate, it is VERY old. Unless I'm mistaken, development has moved to GitHub, and the preferred gem is now mislav-will_paginate.

--Matt Jones

On Jul 15, 2:47�am, P�l Bergstr�m <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

I tried that and it didn't work. "could not find gem mislav-will_paginate locally or in a repository"

Matt Jones wrote:

--Matt Jones

On Jul 15, 2:47�am, P�l Bergstr�m <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

It worked with "sudo gem install mislav-will_paginate -s http://gems.github.com"

Now I got mislav-will_paginate in my gem list. Do I need to make any changes in my code?

Paulo Silva wrote:

post the message error please, for analyse.

case the problem is to require your gem will_paginate, do you need require this will_paginate in the archive enviroment.rb, ex: require 'will_paginate'

I have require 'will_paginate'

I also had to uninstall the previous 'will_paginate' gem. Now it works.