Open source rails 2 books

Hello, where can I find open source rails 2 books?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,

James West wrote: [...]

Go and buy the pdf AWDWR Pragmatic Bookshelf: By Developers, For Developers

I suspect the OP knows about AWDWR -- he was looking for open-source books.

Your software has cost you nothing, putting your hand in your pocket to find £15 ish is a no brainer and the best purchase you'll ever make.

Why is it a no-brainer? It's not like the money goes to support the Rails core team.

Otherwise go and google Ryan Bates Rails casts and see what others in here recommend

Yesyesyes. Railscasts (and ASCIIcasts) freakin' rock!

but AWDWR is my Rails bible

I understand that it's very good. Just by way of comparison, though, I am an experienced Rails developer who's never read a single commercial Rails book (aside from leafing through a couple in the bookstore). Depending on your learning style, it *may* be feasible.

along with the pickaxe book on Ruby (But that is for later :-))

No! The pickaxe book is *not* "for later". To use Rails effectively, it is *essential* to have a good basic understanding of how Ruby works.

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:

Why is it a no-brainer? It's not like the money goes to support the Rails core team.

AWDWR is recommended reading on the Rails website.

Quote from the publishers The Pragmatic Bookshelf

Sam Ruby is a prominent software developer who has made significant contributions to many of the Apache Software Foundation’s open source software projects, and to the standardization of web feeds via his involvement with the Atom web feed standard and the popular Feed Validator web service. He currently holds a Senior Technical Staff Member position in the Emerging Technologies Group of IBM. As one of the authors of the Agile Manifesto, Dave Thomas understands agility. As the author of Programming Ruby, he understands Ruby and how to describe writing Ruby applications. David Heinemeier Hansson is the creator of the Rails framework.

Can't think of a better way of learning Rails than by learning from the guys that know what they are doing