[noob] running rails tests from trunk?

Hi all,

Noob question time...

I have a small patch that I thought I'd submit to trac. Before I even get started, I want to be a good little developer and run the rails unit tests.

I first found this page: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/

So I already had the trails trunk checked out, but there's no base rakefile. Fine I thought, the change I'm making is in railties, so I went there, and ran "rake test", which failed. I did "rake --tasks", and saw a task called "regular_test", this too failed. I tried updating all of my gems, but I'm still failing and erroring.

So the question is, am I running these right? I feel like I'm missing something. Or perhaps the trunk of rails edge does not always pass all its tests?

Thanks,

Eric

The tests in RailTies are.. well, neglected to say the very least. For a long period of time, they were simply commented out. As such, I expect they do not pass. The rest of core (ActionPack, ActiveRecord etc) should run cleanly.

Kev

Right, the railties tests fail as follows (for me at least):

$ rake regular_test (in /Users/jarkko/code/rails/trunk/railties) /opt/local/bin/ruby -w -Ilib:test "/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb" "test/dispatcher_test.rb" "test/fcgi_dispatcher_test.rb" "test/initializer_test.rb" "test/plugin_test.rb" "test/rails_generator_test.rb" "test/rails_info_controller_test.rb" "test/rails_info_test.rb" ./test/../lib/dispatcher.rb:90: undefined method `attr_accessor_with_default' for #<Class:Dispatcher> (NoMethodError)          from ./test/dispatcher_test.rb:9          from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb:5          from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.7.1/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb:5 rake aborted! Command failed with status (1): [/opt/local/bin/ruby -w -Ilib:test "/opt/lo...]

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Should we do something about this? I added a placeholder trac ticket at http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/7079

//jarkko