mysqladmin - command not found

I have just installed MySQL on my Leopard notebook (clean install) and when I tried to use the sqlmyadmin command in the console, it returned the message "command not found". Does this mean that MySQL has not yet been configured correctly?

I have pasted in the console commands from the session below:

Last login: Sat Jan 26 21:27:45 on console -bash: /Users/username/.bash_login: is a directory usernames-macbook-pro:~ username$ mysqladmin -u root create_music_library_development -bash: mysqladmin: command not found usernames-macbook-pro:~ username$ cd -- usernames-macbook-pro:~ username$ mysqladmin -u root create_music_library_development -bash: mysqladmin: command not found usernames-macbook-pro:~ username$

Thank you for your assistance.

Hi Paul,

I have just installed MySQL on my Leopard notebook (clean install) and when I tried to use the sqlmyadmin command in the console, it returned the message “command not found”. Does this mean that MySQL has not yet

been configured correctly?

I have pasted in the console commands from the session below:

Last login: Sat Jan 26 21:27:45 on console -bash: /Users/username/.bash_login: is a directory

what is this on your system?

usernames-macbook-pro:~ username$ mysqladmin -u root

create_music_library_development

it’s ‘mysqladmin -u root create music_library_development’ not ‘mysqladmin -u root create_music_library_development’

see also ‘mysqladmin --help’

-Thomas

I just removed my name and put in "username" as a placeholder instead. Everything else is as in the console session.

Paul

It means mysqladmin is probably not in your shell's PATH.

What do the commands "set" and "locate mysqladmin" show?