multiple form_tag on page

Hi.. new to the whole Rails thing so this may sound aweful strange but I cannot find any documentation supporting or correcting what I am trying to do..

I would like to have 2 separate form_tag's displayed on a single page. They both have varying function so my thinking is 2 separate form_tag's (am I wrong).

My problem is when the page renders it only renders 1 form but housing the varu=ious components of each form_tag (eg. input boxes, submit button etc). There are 2 submit buttons for each of the functions Im wanting to perfom but because they are caught up under the one form_tag, it doesnt matter which one I press, only the one action is ever performed..

As mentioned, very new so not sure what I should be doing..

<%= form_tag(:controller => 'public', :action => 'send_login') %>         <%= error_messages_for 'user' %>         <table>           <tr>             <th>user name :</th>             <td><%= text_field(:user, :username) %></td>           </tr>           <tr>             <th>password :</th>             <td><%= password_field(:user, :password) %></td>           </tr>           <tr>             <th></th>             <td><%= submit_tag('Login') %> | <%= link_to('new venue', :controller => 'venue', :action => 'new') %></td>           </tr>         </table>     <%= form_tag %>

<!-- User feedback section shown below -->     <h2>Commenter Login</h2>

<%= form_tag('send_feedback', :controller => 'public', :action => 'send_fedback') %>         <%= error_messages_for 'temp' %>         <table>           <tr>             <th>venue code :</th>             <td><%= text_field(:comments, :restaurant_id) %></td>           </tr>           <tr>             <th></th>             <td><%= submit_tag('Feedback') %></td>           </tr>         </table>     <%= form_tag %>

I should have added....

Using Rails 2.0.2. I know this works with previous versions with the start_form_tag and end_form_tag as I have seen code that does this. However, with 2.0+, this seems to have gone the way of the dodo and I cannot figure out a way of doing it...

And clearly these form_tag's are NOT nested as I know HTML does not support this. My gut feel is this should be something simple and I am just missing something very basic...

2 things:

1. You need to 'end' the form_tag. 2. Blocks (that is, when there's a 'do' and an 'end') no longer have "=" in the Erb tags.

In other words:

<% form_tag do %>    ... <% end %>

Always check out http://api.rubyonrails.com and search for the method you're having trouble with

Ahh - that was so simple - thank you very much..

I did look through the api documentation but admittedly was manically skimming it instead of taking it in and must have overlooked that pesky little '=' sign