Just wondering what the best “Rails way” to do this would be…
I have a form that uses an auto complete text box and a
- that holds n number of selections from the text box. The
- each with the id set to the modelname_id. When the user submits the form, I parse through the
- elements and populate two hidden form fields (one for each type of model in the
- ) with a , separated string then on the server I split the fields and create my database records. This all works fine but it doesn’t seem “right”
- ) or create input fields in the
- and disabling and styling them to look the way I need...? Seems like rails would be able to handle the array of fields better then the , delimited fields I'm currently using...??
Not sure of the best approach.
How should I be doing this? I thought about creating hidden input fields (one for each
- is made up of multiple