May of WTFs Appreciation Post

Hi All,

Now that the end of the month is fast approaching, I just wanted to take a quick moment to say thank you very much to @DHH @Betsy_Haibel @avdi and everyone else involved in making this happen. I can only imagine just how much work has been involved in the moderation, coordination and all the things that have gone into making this a smooth process.

This initiative was something that I know I and many others have really appreciated and I think it has built a huge amount of good will with the community at large. Hopefully one day I’ll have the chance to buy you all a drink and say thank you in person but until then this will have to do.

28 Likes

adding to this, this is basically the first programming forum i’ve felt comfortable browsing in & talking in for more than, like, one post. i’m not exactly sure why but i feel like the more relaxed-but-still-moderated atmosphere helped me contribute without a fear of like i guess flamewars/personal attacks/general unpleasantness which i’ve seen happen a lot on other forums?

i didn’t post that much, but i really enjoyed reading this little part of the rails forums for May and i hope similar things happen in the future :slight_smile:

15 Likes