LoadError when installing RubyGems on Red Hat Linux

Hi,

I'm trying to install a RoR application in a Red Hat Linux environment, when I was working in Windows up to now...

The Ruby installation was successful and I set the PATH to include the directory containing the ruby executable. But when installing RubyGems via "ruby setup.rb" (or "ruby setup.rb config", depending on the information source...), I get the following error message:

./lib/rubygems.rb:10:in `require': no such file to load -- thread (LoadError)         from ./lib/rubygems.rb:10         from setup.rb:22:in `require'         from setup.rb:22

According to the little I found on the Internet, it seems to be caused either by a missing ruby file/package or a missing path in my PATH environment variable... But I'm stuck at this point.

Thanks for your help,

Chris.

gers32 wrote:

The Ruby installation was successful and I set the PATH to include the directory containing the ruby executable. But when installing RubyGems via "ruby setup.rb" (or "ruby setup.rb config", depending on the information source...), I get the following error message:

./lib/rubygems.rb:10:in `require': no such file to load -- thread (LoadError)         from ./lib/rubygems.rb:10         from setup.rb:22:in `require'         from setup.rb:22

Perhaps you need to add the --enable-pthread option to the Ruby compile config.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was able to install RubyGems successfully by following the instructions from the following blog post:

For some reason, the previous installation didn't update the PATH environment variable, among other things surely... So I suspect there was something wrong with my Ruby installation in the first place.

Cheers,

Chris.