link_to_remote problem

hey everyone

I'm trying to implement a google map in my application using the ym4r framework. Accessing the action directly using the url /controller/action works fine. However, when i use link_to_remote or render_component to display the action that has the map, it just renders a blank div. Does anyone have any idea on what could be happening or how should i load it properly?

Here's how i'm declaring the link:

<%= link_to_remote 'Mapa',     :update => 'main-window',     :method => 'get',     :url => { :controller => 'country', :action => 'index'} %>

Thanks in advance, Ricardo Silveira Cabral

Hi Ricardo,

I don't think the problem is in your link_to_remote, if you have the id 'main-window' and is updating it with a 'blank div' that link is doing something. Are you sure you the output you are getting from country/index is what you want?

Can you give us the country/index action code and the view code too?

My advice would be: try it without ajax and do some tests, after you are sure of what is it doing, add ajax just to: "make it suck less".

Suerte! :slight_smile:

What do you mean by conflicts? i have <%= GMap.header(:with_vml => false) %> declared on both the head of the layout and in country/index.rhtml, but i've tried every combination of header declarations with these two files to no avail.

I've uploaded my latest code to the site (with it's respective google maps api key :)) to http://sattagis1.dza.fc.ul.pt:3000/ if you want to take a look. The problematic link_to_remote to country/ index is the word 'Mapa' in the second menu.

Thanks, Ricardo Silveira Cabral

For everyone trying the same thing:

Guilhem Vellut suggested changing    <%= @map.to_html %> to    <%= @map.to_html :no_load => true %>

which fixed the situation.

Ricardo