Is edge rails broken?

I froze to edge today (rake rails:freeze:edge, then rake rails:update) and can't run script/about nor script/server:

/opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- active_resource (MissingSourceFile)         from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ custom_require.rb:27:in `require'         from /Users/jeffreycohen/sandbox/playground/vendor/rails/ activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:495:in `require'         from /Users/jeffreycohen/sandbox/playground/vendor/rails/ activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:342:in `new_constants_in'         from /Users/jeffreycohen/sandbox/playground/vendor/rails/ activerecord/lib/../../activesupport/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:495:in `require'         from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/ initializer.rb:160:in `require_frameworks'         from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/ initializer.rb:160:in `each'         from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/ initializer.rb:160:in `require_frameworks'         from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/ initializer.rb:88:in `process'         from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/ initializer.rb:49:in `send'         from ./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/ initializer.rb:49:in `run'         from /Users/jeffreycohen/sandbox/playground/config/ environment.rb:13         from /Users/jeffreycohen/sandbox/playground/vendor/rails/ railties/lib/commands/about.rb:1:in `require'         from /Users/jeffreycohen/sandbox/playground/vendor/rails/ railties/lib/commands/about.rb:1         from script/about:3:in `require'         from script/about:3

Anyone else having this problem?

/opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load -- active_resource

You need active resource. If you look at rake rails:freeze:edge task, it's included:

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/browser/trunk/railties/lib/tasks/framework.rake#L35

Perhaps you need to rerun it w/ the edge version of the task. The first time you ran it was probably going against rails 1.2.3's rails:freeze:edge task.

Awesome, that was exactly it.

Thanks Rick.

Jeff

When I do this (freeze twice - once with 1.2.3 and once with edge), I get a problem with /trunk/vendor/rails/actionmailer/transaction.

Suggestions?

-GCN

With many many thanks to Jeff, above, I present the solution to my problem:

The following does NOT work: rake rails:freeze:edge rake rails:freeze:edge

This is because each call deletes the directory before re-downloading it.

The following DOES work: rake rails:freeze:edge rake rails:update

-Gaius