Integration of barcode Scanner or Reader into Application

Can any one help how to integrate barcode reader into my Application.

What I want actually is that,    By Capturing the value of barcode(registrtion_id) all other fields of that particular record need to autofill.

***I Am Looking For Your Valuable Reply **8

Thanks in Advance.

Most barcode scanners are just another type of input device (like a keyboard or mouse). When they scan, they send the series of digits that the barcode represents to the computer as keyboard input - just as if the user had typed them.

All you need to do is set up a form with a "barcode number" input field, which is observed for any changes. That value can be posted to your app and you can return whatever response you want.

If you want to get funky, depending on the features of your scanner, you can set the scanner up to send a special character code before it sends the rest of the characters, and you could use javascript to watch out for the special character, and capture everything that comes after...

An image barcode reader can be integrate within .NET Framework in any programming language, such as, C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET and .NET Windows Forms with any Visual Studio Version.