Installing Rails Help!

Still not got this working anyone else have any ideas??

you need to install mysql library first. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=install+mysql+osx+lion

I think I have MySQL working now.. I reinstalled the MYSQL dmg and made a few other changes to the database configuration file and now 'bundle install' works

However when i try to do the following

rake db:create

I get the error message

Bens-MacBook-Pro:sharebox bengibson$ rake db:create
rake aborted! undefined method `groups' for Rails:Module

(See full trace by running task with --trace) Bens-MacBook-Pro:sharebox bengibson$ rake db:create rake aborted! undefined method `groups' for Rails:Module

(See full trace by running task with --trace) Bens-MacBook-Pro:sharebox bengibson$

Does anyone know what the problem is now??

ben_hawk wrote:

I think I have MySQL working now.. I reinstalled the MYSQL dmg and made a few other changes to the database configuration file and now 'bundle install' works

I get the error message

(See full trace by running task with --trace) Bens-MacBook-Pro:sharebox bengibson$ rake db:create rake aborted! undefined method `groups' for Rails:Module

(See full trace by running task with --trace) Bens-MacBook-Pro:sharebox bengibson$

Jim ruther Nill wrote:

I get the error message

venkata reddy wrote:

I tried removing rails using the gem unistall rails '3.0.3'

and then reinstall it and I get the following error with the rails installation

Bens-MacBook-Pro:sharebox bengibson$ gem install rails '3.0.3' Fetching: rails-3.1.0.gem (100%) Successfully installed rails-3.1.0 ERROR: Could not find a valid gem '3.0.3' (>= 0) in any repository 1 gem installed Installing ri documentation for rails-3.1.0... file 'lib' not found Installing RDoc documentation for rails-3.1.0... file 'lib' not found

What is going on?!?!

Thanks

ben_hawk wrote:

Hi there. I too am having the same issues. I've done everything that I know of to make sure things are all up to date. Using RVM, Rails 3.1 on Snow Leopard.

Upon this command, I still get the following error:

$ bundle exec rake db:migrate /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:52:in `initialize': Valid types are [:development, :runtime], not nil (ArgumentError)   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:352:in `new'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:352:in `search'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:346:in `gems_size'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:179:in `resolve'   from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/source_index.rb:95:in `sort_by'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:175:in `each'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:175:in `sort_by'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:175:in `resolve'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:160:in `start'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:128:in `resolve'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:127:in `catch'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/resolver.rb:127:in `resolve'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/definition.rb:151:in `resolve'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/definition.rb:90:in `specs'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/definition.rb:135:in `specs_for'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/definition.rb:124:in `requested_specs'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/environment.rb:23:in `requested_specs'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/runtime.rb:11:in `setup'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler.rb:107:in `setup'   from /Users/rich/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p290/gems/bundler-1.0.18/lib/bundler/setup.rb:7

Cheers

Hi Ben. I get something similar, line 52 in dependency.rb. If you find a solution, let me know.

Cheers

Isn't the mysql2 gem used with Rails 3?

Cheers