Incompatible versioning of InstantRails?

I'm trying to get InstantRails running on a different computer than I originally started and I've gotten stuck. I kind of think it's a versioning issue, but don't have a real good "reason why" I think that.

Here's the deal. I'd started fooling around with Rails a while back on my laptop and got to a point where I did a check-in to an svn repository.

This turned out to be a good thing, as that laptop went away for a while.

So, I've downloaded InstantRails 2.0 to my desktop, got the database set up for this application, and recovered the Ruby code from the repository, putting it in rails_apps.

I then did a 'rails <appname>' to make sure it would show up in the Rails Applications window, and asked the system not to overwrite any files it asked to. So I believe I have the same setup as was on my laptop, with the possible exception of the version of InstantRails.

When I try to start this application, I see the window start and shut down almost immediately. I don't see anything in the /log directory to help me out.

I'm kind of guessing that I didn't originally develop in 2.0, so there's an incompatibility between my code and this framework.

Can anyone verify that could be a problem, or put me on a path to further debug this issue?

Thank you.

I'm trying to get InstantRails running on a different computer than I originally started and I've gotten stuck. I kind of think it's a versioning issue, but don't have a real good "reason why" I think that.

Here's the deal. I'd started fooling around with Rails a while back on my laptop and got to a point where I did a check-in to an svn repository.

So, I've downloaded InstantRails 2.0 to my desktop, got the database set up for this application, and recovered the Ruby code from the repository, putting it in rails_apps.

I then did a 'rails <appname>' to make sure it would show up in the Rails Applications window, and asked the system not to overwrite any files it asked to. So I believe I have the same setup as was on my laptop, with the possible exception of the version of InstantRails.

Unless you had frozen rails, you could be running a different version of rails than the one you developed against. I know nothing about instant rails but it would be insane if you couldn't see the output from starting the app

Fred

Scott Peterson wrote:

When I try to start this application, I see the window start and shut down almost immediately. I don't see anything in the /log directory to help me out.

I'm kind of guessing that I didn't originally develop in 2.0, so there's an incompatibility between my code and this framework.

Can anyone verify that could be a problem, or put me on a path to further debug this issue?

Thank you.   

I had that same symptom when running a rails 1.2 app on IR 2. In my case it was a routing problem. Try 'rake routes' to see if the routes as setup will work with what you have.