How to write codes for TDD

Hi all,     I am a newbie in rails. I have done some small applications in rails but can't know how to make TDD and BDD in RSpec and other tools. I have tried by reading the rpesc tutorial from rspec.info website, But can't understand where to start coding and run for Red, Green behaviour of code. Please help,

Thanks deb

Hi all, I am a newbie in rails. I have done some small applications in rails but can't know how to make TDD and BDD in RSpec and other tools. I have tried by reading the rpesc tutorial from rspec.info website, But can't understand where to start coding and run for Red, Green behaviour of code. Please help,

The theory is quite simple: instead of writing some code and then a test to exercise, write a test first (that sets out what you are trying to achieve) and then write the code for it. That flip in mindset is somewhat independent to the actual tool use use to write your tests (although some encourage it more than others)

Fred

Hi all,    I am a newbie in rails. I have done some small applications in rails but can't know how to make TDD and BDD in RSpec and other tools. I have tried by reading the rpesc tutorial from rspec.info website, But can't understand where to start coding and run for Red, Green behaviour of code. Please help,

Thanks deb

The Ruby-on-Rails tutorial book (http://railstutorial.org/) is a good starting point. See section Mostly static pages/Our first tests.

Adrian

Buy “The RSpec Book” from Pragmatic. It’s outstanding, and will give you extremely useful insight on TDD and BDD.

Cheers!!

debadatta wrote:

Juan Pablo Genovese wrote:

Buy "The RSpec Book" from Pragmatic. It's outstanding, and will give you extremely useful insight on TDD and BDD.

Take this really simple example of a spec (test) from "The RSpec Book."

greeter_spec.rb