how to uninstall rails completely

hey everyone i have installed rails3.0.0 in windows and my previous rails projects not working . so i wanna uninstall rails and then install from Scratch.

thanks in advance

honey jadala wrote in post #1043958:

hey everyone i have installed rails3.0.0 in windows and my previous rails projects not working . so i wanna uninstall rails and then install from Scratch.

1. Uninstall Windows. 2. Install Ubuntu (or your choice of Linux flavor). 3. Install Ruby Version Manager (RVM). 4. Install whatever Rubies you need. 5. Create a gemset for each of your projects. 6. Install the version of Rails you need into each of your gemsets.

That's only half serious, of course. I don't have any idea how to install, or uninstall Rails on Windows. Still can't figure out why anyone would actually want to do that. But, I understand there are scenarios when some have no other choice. Thank God I'm not in that situation.

Hi

Have you tried “gem uninstall rails” ?

I understand honey's situation. You guys on linux have NO idea how good you have it with RVM. I tried Pik (windows supposed answer to RVM) but to no avail. So I turned old laptop into Fedora 16 machine now I am rocking on RVM and all the cool things Fedora offers (VIM!).

In all seriousness, you should install Oracle's free VirtualBox and create yourself a new linux virtual machine.

I'm rocking a crappy 2gig RAM desktop computer and work with rails in my Ubuntu virtual machine (1gb ram assigned for it). It's really simple and not complicated at all. :slight_smile: