How to syntax highlight Rails 2.0 .html.erb files in Textmate/E-texteditor

I'm using E-texteditor that reads and understand the macromates bundles just fine.

But how do you set up your editor so that it correctly can identify .html.erb as "HTML (Rails)" in Textmate?

It seems as the bundle is not yet updated. http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/Ruby%20on%20Rails.tmbundle/Syntaxes/HTML%20(Rails).plist

What do you do to syntax highlight correctly?

Related posting at the E-texteditor forum/bundles thread

In textmate, open the bundle editor> Edit Languages pick Rails: HTML(rails) from the left hand thing Then change fileTypes = ( 'rhtml' ); to fileTypes = ( 'rhtml', 'html.erb' );

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

In textmate, open the bundle editor> Edit Languages pick Rails: HTML(rails) from the left hand thing Then change fileTypes = ( 'rhtml' ); to fileTypes = ( 'rhtml', 'html.erb' );

Thanks Fred. E-texteditor lacks the user interface that allows me to edit filetypes in the bundle editor. Could you please post details from the file "HTML (Rails).plist"

I want to see if it's a little E-texteditor bug or if I just get it wrong.

(my workaround currently is to interpret all .erb files as HTML(Rails), which is not particular smart for other formats than HTML)

Did you ever find a real solution for this? E won't recognize html.erb if you edit the plist file.

Oops, skipped over your mail until now. the relevant plist reads

{ scopeName = 'text.html.ruby';   fileTypes = ( 'rhtml', 'html.erb' );   ... }

Fred

Scott: I did solve it (with the workaround to view all .erb files as HTML/ Rails)

In \Application Data\e\Bundles\Rails.tmbundle\Syntaxes\HTML (Rails).plist:   <key>fileTypes</key>   <array>     <string>rhtml</string>     <string>erb</string> <!-- this is the line I added -->   </array>