how to start an edge rails app

I want to check out an issue in edge rails. I've never used edge before and am having a lot of trouble getting it up and running.

Following modified instructions from http://ariejan.net/2009/01/04/how-to-start-a-rails-edge-app-the-easy-way/

$ mkdir -p app/vendor $ cd app $ git clone git://github.com/rails/rails.git vendor/rails $ ruby vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/cli.rb . vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/cli.rb:27:in `require': no such file to load -- rails/ruby_version_check (LoadError)   from vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/cli.rb:27:in `<main>'

But the file rails/ruby_version_check is definitely present. It seems like 'require' is not searching the correct path in vendor/rails/ railties/lib. Help?

So I got it to work by executing the command from within the app/ vendor/rails/railties/lib directory (from where the relative path rails/ruby_version_check does exist), but this only gets me as far as the next "`require': no such file to load" error. How do I deal with all these relative load paths that aren't in my $LOAD_PATH?

bitsweat in #rails-contrib helped me out. railties/lib/rails/cli.rb is the wrong script. He pointed me to rails.info, which told me to use the script railties/bin/rails. Then bitsweat corrected that page. The correct script is bin/rails (no railties). After that, everything is working. Thanks bitsweat!

I wonder who I can contact to fix that page...