Heroku Deploy issue

Im using Rails 3.2.3 and Ruby 1.9.3. I want to deploy my app to heroku but am having some issues.

Basically I can push it to heroku but no tables are created, at least all data is empty.

I can't login as it says "Invalid username/password" and my item list in my index is completely empty, when in development it isn't.

Im using MySQL2 in developemnt and PG in Production as that is what heroku uses. I've looked at tutorials and troubleshooting tips and came up with the following:

I've added this line in my /config/environment/production.rb   config.assets.initialize_on_precompile = false

I've ran: git push heroku master

and heroku run rake db:migrate

I've also checked the DB versions and both are the same, on heroku, and locally.

Finally, in my gemfile i've added:

group :development, :test do   gem 'mysql2' end group :production do   gem 'pg' end

Any tips? I don't see how to resolve this, thanks in advance

Pushing to heroku isn't going to import data from your development machine into your production database if that's what you're expecting. If you need to populate your database with a minimal set of bootstrap data you might consider writing some code that creates that initial data (you may find rails' db/seeds mechanism to be sufficient).

If you're ok with production containing everything that's in your local database you can either use heroku's db:push (https:// devcenter.heroku.com/articles/taps) command or one of the mysql to postgres conversion tools heroku recommends(https:// devcenter.heroku.com/articles/import-data-heroku-postgres)

I would heartily recommend using the same database in development as in production - the differences between databases can be subtle.

Fred

I’ve been using ClearDB on Heroku with great success. Not only is it MySQL (so you avoid all those stupid PostgreSQL/MySQL differences – and there ARE differences), but it co-locates your database in two Amazon regions.

Highly recommended.

As for your question, you need to run either heroku run rake db:migrate or heroku db:push to set up your database

-Jason

If you're ok with production containing everything that's in your local database you can either use heroku's db:push (https:// devcenter.heroku.com/articles/taps)

I downloaded the Windows Toolbelt and came into a problem. After just installing the Heroku CLI, I tried to run rake routes to keep coding and could not execute.

The Toolbelt installer install some sort of ruby and my app was using it. After unistalling it is running again, however, I now cannot run the bundle install --without production

After running `which ruby` and `which bundle`, I realized the later was pointing to the Ruby that the toolbelt installed, which isn't there anymore.

How to change the bundle's path to the right bundle in the c:/Ruby193/...directory instead of c:/Program Files (x86)/Ruby193/...

local database you can either use heroku's db:push

After I installed taps e got the error when executing this command: `Taps Load Error: no such file to load --sqlite3` `You may need to install or update the taps gem to use db commands`

Im not sure what is going on anymore, any tips?

Regards