HELP: undefined method cattr_accessor

hi to all,

when i try to generate a new model, i get the following error message.

D:\InstantRails\rails_apps\AR_ODBC>ruby script/generate model amempldept D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.3/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.r b:14: undefined method `cattr_accessor' for ActiveRecord::Base:Class (NoMethodError) from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `gem_original_require' from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `require' from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-1.15.3/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract_adapter.rb:10

from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `gem_original_require' from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `require' from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/odbc-rails-1.4/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/odbc_adapter.rb:27 from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `gem_original_require' from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `require' ... 6 levels... from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.3/lib/commands/ generate.rb:1 from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `gem_original_require' from D:/Projekt/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `require' from script/generate:3

RUBYOPT=-rubygems is set connection via an spezial odbc driver (not one of the default drivers)

connection via the special driver is posible.

<<   require 'odbc'   puts "Starte Verarbeitung ODBC"

DSN ='ABC'   USR ='Admin'   PWD ='password'

con=ODBC.connect(DSN,USR,PWD)

puts con   print "\n"

sSQL = "SELECT lPortfolioItemId, User.Name, User.FirstName, Model.Nature.Name FROM amPortfolio WHERE lPortfolioItemId > 10000 AND lPortfolioItemId<=32729"

rs = con.prepare(sSQL)   rs.execute

rs.columns {|col|      print(col.name, " --- " )   }   print "\n"

rs.each{ |row|       row.each { |col|          print(col, " ")       }    print "\n"    }

print "\n"

puts "Verbindung geschlossen"

rs.close

con.disconnect

does someone has an idea....

thx

Achim

Hello everyone!

I am developing a rails application that inside a controller wants to make a request to a web service. For testing purposes I developed the web service inside that very same rails application.

When I call the controller this one seems to hang while trying to connect to the web service. So my question here, and the only logical explanation I have is:

Is Rails single threaded? (If so I will have to put the sample web service on another instance of rails...)

Thanks a lot!

Enrique

Hi. Yes rails is single threaded so use diffent instances of mongrel to run it.

Hi. Yes rails is single threaded so use diffent instances of
mongrel to run it.

Thanks Andreas, I thought so :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Enrique