Help figuring out problem with installing activesupport 2.2.2

I created a brand new RoR installation on Win XP using InstantRails-2.0 which brought rails 2.0.2. I now struggle to update it to rails 2.2.2. The essence of my problem comes to the installation of activesupport 2.2.2. Below is the cut and pasted session illustrating my problem and run-time environment. Can someone suggest a course of actions? I am lost.

Thanks, - LR

BTW. I already installed rubygems-update 1.3.1 and run update_rubygems. It did not help.

Does that produce the same effect as

$ gem update --system

?

–wpd

1. I can't see a difference between effects of "gem update --system" and update_rubygems. 2. Trying to do install with verbose output produces

gem install activesupport --verbose --backtrace

GET 304 Not Modified: RubyGems.org | your community gem host Error fetching remote data: timed out (http:// gems.rubyforge.org/quick/Marshal.4.8/activesupport-2.2.2.gemspec.rz) Falling back to local-only install ERROR: could not find gem activesupport locally or in a repository

Using my browser I can easily see and download activesupport-2.2.2.gemspec.rz file from RubyGems.org | your community gem host; so I don't know why gem is timing out. Does anyone know where should I place it locally so gem would be able to use it? Or should I do something else with this rz file?

- LR