has many through

Hi all. I have models:

has_many :bookings has_many :projects, :through => :bookings

has_many :bookings has_many :weeks, :through => :bookings

belongs_to :project belongs_to :week

Now I want to get all coresponding entries from the bookings and weeks table filtered by a query.

@bookings = Booking.find_all_by_project_id(params[:id]) => [#<Booking id: 1, week_id: 47, project_id: 2, hour: 4>, #<Booking id: 2, week_id: 48, project_id: 2, hour: 7>]

I have tried soething like that: Week.includes(:bookings).where(‘bookings.week_id = ?’, @bookings).all #mysql error

How to get that working? Thanks for help.

Hi all. I have models:

has_many :bookings   has_many :projects, :through => :bookings

has_many :bookings   has_many :weeks, :through => :bookings

belongs_to :project   belongs_to :week

Now I want to get all coresponding entries from the bookings and weeks table filtered by a query.

@bookings = Booking.find_all_by_project_id(params[:id]) => [#<Booking id: 1, week_id: 47, project_id: 2, hour: 4>, #<Booking id: 2, week_id: 48, project_id: 2, hour: 7>]

I have tried soething like that: Week.includes(:bookings).where('bookings.week_id = ?', @bookings).all #mysql error

Can you explain again what you want to achieve, I do not understand.

Colin

with the project_id you get already all the corresponding bookings , right ?

and you want the data associated with the week and the project ? right

why don’t you join the tables data uisng .join ?

Hallo Erwin.

yes I want the data from week with the id 47 and 48 (in this case)

Hi Colin.

Please remember to reply to the list and please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread. Insert your reply inline at appropriate points in the previous message. Thanks.

1. I ask for entries in booking with a certain project_id @bookings = Booking.find_all_by_project_id(params[:id]) => [#<Booking id: 1, week_id: 47, project_id: 2, hour: 4>, #<Booking id: 2,

week_id: 48, project_id: 2, hour: 7>]

So you know how to do that ok?

2. Get the values from the table week which have the week_id from the 1 (47, 48)

Sorry, still don't understand what that is supposed to mean. I presume that you mean records rather than values and the table weeks rather than weeks. So you want to get the records from the table weeks. But that table does not have a column week_id, just id and no idea what you mean by "from the 1(47,48)"

Colin

Hi Colin.

Please remember to reply to the list and please don't top post, it makes it difficult to follow the thread. Insert your reply inline at appropriate points in the previous message. Thanks.

1. I ask for entries in booking with a certain project_id @bookings = Booking.find_all_by_project_id(params[:id]) => [#<Booking id: 1, week_id: 47, project_id: 2, hour: 4>, #<Booking id: 2,

week_id: 48, project_id: 2, hour: 7>]

So you know how to do that ok?

2. Get the values from the table week which have the week_id from the 1 (47, 48)

Sorry, still don't understand what that is supposed to mean. I presume that you mean records rather than values and the table weeks rather than weeks. So you want to get the records from the table weeks. But that table does not have a column week_id, just id and no idea what you mean by "from the 1(47,48)"

Ah, I think I understand. You have a project_id in params[:id] and you want to find the bookings and hence the weeks for that project id?

Why don't you just get the project for the id @project = Project.find params[:id] then the bookings, if you actually need the bookings @bookings = @project.bookings and/or the weeks by @weeks = @project.weeks

Colin