Git on MAC OS X

I know that this question may not be here, but think that most of you using RoR deal with Git.

I run a MAC OS X 10.5.8, and want to install Git running on my machine. But, I didn't find this version of my MAC OS X here: Hi,

http://code.google.com/p/git-osx-installer/downloads/list

Any ideas on getting Git working on my MAC?

Thanks.

Abder-Rahman Ali wrote:

I know that this question may not be here, but think that most of you using RoR deal with Git.

I run a MAC OS X 10.5.8, and want to install Git running on my machine. But, I didn't find this version of my MAC OS X here: Hi,

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Huh? There are lots of Leopard versions there. Pick one.

Thanks.

Best,

+1 for homebrew

Andy Jeffries wrote:

Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.

Personally I install all my Linuxy software through Homebrew - GitHub - Homebrew/legacy-homebrew: 💀 The former home of Homebrew/homebrew (deprecated) - install homebrew using (from the github page):

ruby -e "$(curl -fsS http://gist.github.com/raw/323731/install_homebrew.rb)"

Then you can install Git using:

brew install git

Cheers,

Andy

Thanks a lot Andy. After I installed Homeberew, and tried to run: brew install git, I got the following:

-bash: brew: command not found

What should I do?

And, yes, after I get the login system done, I will move to get to check your: GitHub - andyjeffries/andy_admin: My Generator for Admin interfaces

Thanks a lot.

Not mine! 10.5.8 is not there.

Did you ever try any of those listed? Does not Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. work for you?

Regards, Rimantas

Well, you could have google’d what that warning means to start off with.

Edit ~/.bash_login (only your user) or /etc/profile (all users) and add the following:

export PATH=“/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:$PATH”

You will need to restart your terminal session for it to activate!!!

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

I found that Ruby is in: /opt/local/bin/ruby

Should I move it to /usr/local/bin ?

Sounds to me like you have installed MacPorts already. Why didn’t you just install git through macports too then?

sudo port install git-core

Best regards

Peter De Berdt

Peter De Berdt wrote: