Git Issue/Permission Denied

Good Day

I followed all instructions on how to get git up and running and still I get permission denied

When I run ssh -v git@github.com to trouble shoot the issue I get

OpenSSH_5.2p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7l 28 Sep 2006 debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config debug1: Connecting to github.com [207.97.227.239] port 22. debug1: Connection established. debug1: identity file /Users/musdev/.ssh/identity type -1 debug1: identity file /Users/musdev/.ssh/id_rsa type 1 debug1: identity file /Users/musdev/.ssh/id_dsa type -1 debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-5github2 debug1: match: OpenSSH_5.1p1 Debian-5github2 pat OpenSSH* debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0 debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.2 debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT received debug1: kex: server->client aes128-ctr hmac-md5 none debug1: kex: client->server aes128-ctr hmac-md5 none debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REQUEST(1024<1024<8192) sent debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_GROUP debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_INIT sent debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_KEX_DH_GEX_REPLY debug1: Host 'github.com' is known and matches the RSA host key. debug1: Found key in /Users/musdev/.ssh/known_hosts:1 debug1: ssh_rsa_verify: signature correct debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS sent debug1: expecting SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS debug1: SSH2_MSG_NEWKEYS received debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST sent debug1: SSH2_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT received debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey debug1: Next authentication method: publickey debug1: Trying private key: /Users/musdev/.ssh/identity debug1: Offering public key: /Users/musdev/.ssh/id_rsa debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey debug1: Trying private key: /Users/musdev/.ssh/id_dsa debug1: No more authentication methods to try. Permission denied (publickey).

What am I doing wrong here? I copied the key under my account correctly, I doubled checked this numerous times, even tried regenerating various keys and none of them worked. Do I need to upgrade to the latest version of Git, Im using 1.6.2.2

Regards

It is nothing to do with git, you are just trying to connect with ssh, which is failing as github does not recognise your key, I think.

Did you follow Connecting to GitHub with SSH - GitHub Docs and http://help.github.com/troubleshooting-ssh/

Colin

Ismail Haqq wrote in post #977180:

Good Day

I followed all instructions on how to get git up and running and still I get permission denied

This has nothing to do with Rails. Please ask on a Git support forum.

Best,

Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote in post #977184:

Ismail Haqq wrote in post #977180:

Good Day

This has nothing to do with Rails. Please ask on a Git support forum.

Best, -- Marnen Laibow-Koser http://www.marnen.org marnen@marnen.org

My bad Bro

Kindest Regards

Colin Law wrote in post #977187: