Getting blank 404.html and 500.html pages

Hey guys. I've a pretty experienced Rails developer, but I've never seen this one before. I'm not getting my custom error pages to serve up under Passenger. They worked just fine in an earlier version of my app, but somewhere along the way, they stopped working. Instead, I'm just seeing a blank white screen with no content. There's nothing in the logs that indicates what's going on.

Any ideas on how to debug? Thanks!

Hey guys. I've a pretty experienced Rails developer, but I've never seen this one before. I'm not getting my custom error pages to serve up under Passenger. They worked just fine in an earlier version of my app, but somewhere along the way, they stopped working. Instead, I'm just seeing a blank white screen with no content. There's nothing in the logs that indicates what's going on.

Have you tried viewing the source in the the browser (View, Page source or similar) to see if there is something being sent that is not displayed for some reason such as invalid html.

Also you could revert back to previous versions of the app till they work again and see what was changed.

Colin

Yeah, I've viewed the source. The response is literally an empty string. No content at all.