gem bundler is not install. I know, another one of these

I know that there are so many of these threads, and I have looked through them but since there are so many its so difficult to find the right solution. I can run gem install bundler but I can't run bundle install, it just keeps asking me to gem install bundler. Here is my gem env

RubyGems Environment:   - RUBYGEMS VERSION: 1.8.24   - RUBY VERSION: 1.9.3 (2012-04-20 patchlevel 194) [i686-linux]   - INSTALLATION DIRECTORY: /home/taka/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194   - RUBY EXECUTABLE: /home/taka/.rvm/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin/ruby   - EXECUTABLE DIRECTORY: /home/taka/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194/bin   - RUBYGEMS PLATFORMS:     - ruby     - x86-linux   - GEM PATHS:      - /home/taka/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194      - /home/taka/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p194@global   - GEM CONFIGURATION:      - :update_sources => true      - :verbose => true      - :benchmark => false      - :backtrace => false      - :bulk_threshold => 1000   - REMOTE SOURCES:      - http://rubygems.org/

I know that there are so many of these threads, and I have looked through them but since there are so many its so difficult to find the right solution. I can run gem install bundler but I can't run bundle install, it just keeps asking me to gem install bundler. Here is my gem env

Post the output from gem list

Also copy/paste here the output from bundle install.

Colin

Gonna have to agree, to me it sounds like you installed on ruby-1.9.3-p327 instead of @global or @gemset_name. I've ran into issues if I haven't installed into a gemset. Make sure you are either in @global or in another gemset you create. I actually prefer not to use @global at all because it mucks up the isolation I use RVM for but you can do whatever you please.

It seens like creating a gemset will solve your problem.

What I usually do is create a .rvmrc file on the root of my application with the content: “rvm 1.9.3@gemset_name --create”

so everytime in enter the directory of my application the gemset that I specified at the .rvmrc file will be loaded.